Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!



I don't know where the seeds came from...well, I suspect the chickens had something to do with it...but we have tomatoes growing where they were not intended. I actually had visions of a sweet, victorian-themed-sitting-garden area. But the chickens did not ask. But who am I to complain? Katie and I harvested, and then made the yummiest fresh pasta sauce this side of the county line. (Okay, I don't even know where the county line is, but it was pretty good.)

Here's to hoping that you find some sweet surprises today, too. (And you don't have to blame the chickens!)

1 comment:

Monica said...

Is that an actual picture of your harvest?! I've been so pleased with the 2-3 cherry tomatoes we bring in every couple of days. I didn't get to taste any today...Susanna ate them ALL and felt no remorse about not sharing. What's that about?!