Monday, November 23, 2009

A whirlwind of a Saturday

I know, I know. Today is not Saturday. It's Monday. But my computer wasn't cooperating. Perhaps the 3 hour time difference finally caught up to it.
But there's just a few more things that I want to share!


Late Friday evening we drove to Stephen's City, VA to visit some dear friends. Saturday morning we drove to Winchester (a lot of times, actually!) and found this FANTASTIC wall.

I heart Patsy Cline.


Scott and I then went to the Old Court House. It served as a hospital and a prison during the war between the states. The actual city of Winchester changed hands
over 70 times during the war. Zoiks!
Our gracious hosts (and hostitas y hostito!)
::gracias por su hospitalidad y su amistad::
We then drove back to D.C. where we saw the awe-inspiring Lincoln Memorial.
Words just cannot describe.
On August 28, 1963, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. stood in this very spot and delivered his
"I have a dream" speech.
We finished off the late night tour at the Korean War Veterans Memorial, The Vietnam Memorial, The World War II Memorial, and seeing the Washington Monument. We drove by the White House, but nobody was home, so we went back to the hotel.

A whirlwind, indeed, but just dreamy. Dreamy. Dreamy.

1 comment:

Monica said...

I did not know you were going to D.C. I'm a tad bit jealous...but ultimately, oh so glad you're having such a dreamy time. Promise me, when my kiddos are a bit older, and your kiddos are old enough to babysit them, we'll go again! Love you much, Friend!!