Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dear Weight Watchers,

I had hoped to see you today,
but an old friend stopped by.
I only get to see her one season a year.
And she came from out of town.
At first, our conversation seemed a little dicey,
and I thought that this would be the straw that broke the camel's back.
But we put it all beside us, and decided that if we couldn't
be sweet, we weren't going to get anywhere.
Before we knew it, the conversation was really moving again!
But it took a turn for the worse,
and at one point, things started to really heat up.
But as always, just a little bit of time (40 minutes, to be exact)
and a bit of cooling down did us both good.
We were really good, actually.
So, I do plan to see you tomorrow.
Thanks for understanding.
But just so you know, my friend might be dropping in again
in the near future.

I so :love: my friend.

Love,
Jill

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay....
nice, but a little bit too far on the veggie side....
~ally~

Anonymous said...

Your friend was really tasty!! :)

barefootmeg said...

Were the rhubarb and strawberries from your yard? We have two rhubarb plants and I let one go to seed this year just to see how it looked. But then Naomi heard that the leaves are no good after it goes to seed and she chopped most of the flower off without asking. Oh well.

We have some strawberry plants, but they're not doing much. There are several plants at the school garden that are doing well, though. We got 4 very yummy strawberries off them yesterday at garden club. Sooooo delish when they're freshly picked.

jennalee said...

looks yummy, and I am sure it was worth it.....

Allison said...

I am so clueless. I recognize the strawberries...but not what I assume was rhubarb... :)