Thursday, July 15, 2010

Shooting from the hip



One day when we were in Guadalajara, I gave myself a challenge. I so desperately wanted to take pictures of the locals, but knew that it just wasn't right to take photos of people without their permission. So, I turned the flash off and shot everything from the hip...or the stomach...or sometimes the shoulder. And nobody knew....except a few times...with that obnoxious "click" sound that I forgot to turn off...



the older men gathering in the plaza in Tonala

a shoe shiner in the plaza

a woman walking to mass, after being beckoned by the church bell

sitting in the park during the World Cup game between Mexico and France

a clown sitting alone in the park

young girls taking a break from begging to using water to make steam on a hot light

chess games in the downtown square

umm. jalisco legs and fruit

Okay...it didn't work every time. :)

No comments: