Thursday, August 19, 2010

I want to be cool...


Blog Land.
I really do love it.
I love the ideas, and the pictures, and the...everything.
There are so many creative people out there...mega-creative.
And sometimes,
they even post recipes.
I think that's cool.
And...truth be told...I want to be cool.

So, I'm going to pretend, that I'm cool.

Here goes:


I love summertime. Okay. That's not really the truth. I like gardening in the summertime. Or should I say, I like what you get out of your garden in the summertime. Actually, I love the tomatoes. This year we planted five different varieties. I can't tell you what their names are, because I mostly pick the plants based on how clever the name is. I'm pretty sure that one of the varieties was named "The Sauce Boss".

So after we harvested the little pretties,

we went to the old stand by for pasta sauce.
Page 36...Tagliatelle al Pomodoro e Basilico
(translated "Tomato and Basil sauce for really cool bloggers)
Heat 2T. of olive oil in pan and gently cook 2 cloves of garlic.
Add your tomatoes, stirring to coat.

Turn on medium-high heat, squashing with fork as they soften.
(Use caution, as these little tasties are capable of catapulting hot juice
across the kitchen when heated.)
Cook rapidly for 5-10 minutes so that the tomatoes retain their color.
Add 8 whole basil leaves and salt and pepper to taste.
Now, that's Italian.

And now I'm cool.

1 comment:

Summre said...

oh my gosh that looks amazing. You go - definitely cool in my book, but then again you always have been :).