Saturday, January 30, 2010

Breakfast Club Success!!!

Do you know what it feels like...when you have a fire in your heart to do something that you're passionate about? I guess that's how I feel about Breakfast Club. It's not that I'm so passionate about pancakes (although I really do heart them A LOT), but I'm passionate about community. I think that we've really lost so much of it in our society. True connection. I feel that this loss has created a group of emotionally wandering people, and we're searching for this connection now in so many different ways.

So today we opened up our door, swept the floors, straightened the livingroom, and made pancakes. And not just any pancakes...but...
Lemon-Souffle Pancakes with Blues...
Fresh squeezed orange juice.....

Free-Trade coffee...

and Whipped Cream....
And all of the club members that could make it to the first meeting.
A success? Yes. Yes indeed. You see, the measure of success comes not by the amount of people that were able to attend, or the food that was served, but by following our convictions, and trying to make a difference in our little part of this world.
Until next month......


1 comment:

barefootmeg said...

Hey! I just posted a "community" quote this morning! http://dandelionwine.multiply.com/journal/item/57/Bonhoeffer_quote_on_Community Looks like we were thinking alike this morning only I was blogging it and you were living it. ;-)

Wish I could have been there to help support community through the consumption of whipped cream. *sigh* If only all community living could be so yummy!