Thursday, April 22, 2010

This Land Is My Land

Such a special day.
You see, my great-great-great-great (is that too many greats?) grandfather
had a plantation in Georgia. And beings that it was just south of Atlanta, the girls and I set out to find it. Thankfully, my Uncle Bill had already done all of the work, and with his map in hand, we set out to find a piece of my heritage.

And after watching 'Gone With The Wind' with Summer and Amy, it was SO fun to drive down Tara Blvd....
until we hit Thomaston, Georgia.
We found Old Alabama Rd.


and soon found the Fellowship Baptist Cemetery.
These are my great-great-great grandparents...



and other family...


We then drove by the land that my family owned. It is mostly hunting land now, but just like at Scarlet's Tara, the earth was a scarlet red.
And although technically this land was my land...
I wanted to make it back in one piece to blog about my land!
This land was made for you and me! :)

No comments: