Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fine...just fine...

I've been a bit compulsive lately. And when the compulsion hits, it hits hard, as evidenced with yesterday's trip to the feed store. All I needed was birdseed, and just the cheap kind, mind you. No frills, no special seeds...just something that resembles "grits" for birds. But as I came around the corner, my ears were filled with "cheep, cheep"....and not the "cheap, cheap" of the birdseed that I was looking for. We saw these....
And it wasn't long before both girls were surrounding the fluff-filled bin, quickly naming their three favorites (because at the feed store, the chicks are sold "3 for $7.50").
And once they got to hold them, there was no turning back.
Please meet our fine...just fine...feathered friends: Cheetah Sister, Blackie, and Goldie.
We'll be expecting to see you all in a couple of months when you need an extra egg or two.
Until then, I'll work on giving up "compulsion" for Lent, too.
Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!
I finally looked up the little poopers and cheepers. No wonder you walked out of the feed store with more than you intended. Fiona, Ellen and I agree they were the cutest little puff balls! About late August you'll get the cute little pullet eggs...and life will roll on and on and on.
SANDY