Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Presidents Day!

We have lived in Yorba Linda for three and a half years. We live exactly 1.38 miles from the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum. (I know because I just mapquested it!)
We drive by the grounds every cotton pickin' day. Have we ever been? If you had asked me this question prior to 10:45 this morning, I would have mumbled a shame-filled and whimpery "no."
But today, today!, it was Presidents Day and admission was free,
which made it the perfect time to visit!
We saw Theodore Roosevelt...
Abraham Lincoln...
and George Washington.
(I didn't say anything to the kids, but I don't think that these were the real presidents...)

This was the real presidential helicopter, though.
And the real house where Richard Nixon was born.
These were just real fun.
But this...this was the bomb diggity.
(but I don't think that they were real, either...)
~Happy Presidents Day~ for real.

No comments: